Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rudra - Final Stotras

Rudra - Final Stotras


Tryambakam yajaamahe sugandhim pushtivardhanam,
Oorvaaru kamiva bandhanan mruthyo rmuksheeya maamruthaath. 1

We salute and respect,
Him who is naturally scented,
Him who looks after his devotes by mercy,
And Him who has three eyes.
And pray and request,
To move us away from the catch of death,
Like the cucumber from its stalk,
And firmly put us in the path of salvation.

Yo Rudro agnaii yo apsu ya oushadeeshu,
Yo Rudro viswaa bhuvanaa aavivesa tasmai Rudraaya namo asthu. 2

Let our salutations be offered to that Rudra,
Who is in fire,
Who is in water,
Who is in plants and trees,
And who is in everything in the world.

Thamushtuhi ya swishu sudhanwaa yo viwasya kshayathi beshajasya,
Yashwamahe soumanasaaya rudram namobhir devaasuram duvasya 3

Pray and salute him,
Who has the best arrows,
Who has the best bow,
Who is the home of medicines,
That cure all the world’s diseases,
And who destroys asuras.
We salute that Rudra,
For making our minds pure.

Aayam me hastho bhagavaanayam me bhagavattara,
Ayam me viswa beshajo ayam shivaabhimarsana. 4


This my hand is my God,
This is higher than God to me,
This is the medicine for all sickness to me.
For this touches Shiva and worships him.

Ye the sahasramayutham pasaa mruthyo marthyaya hanthave,
Thaan yagnasya maayayaa sarvaanava yajamahe,
Mrutyave swaaha mrutyave swaaha. 5

Oh God who destroys the world.
I pray thee to keep away from me,
The thousands of ropes that you have,
Which is used by you to kill all beings,
Due to the power of my prayers.
This offering of fire is offered to death,
This offering of fire is offered to death.

OM namo bhagavathe rudraaya vishnave mruturme paahi,
Praanaanaam grandhi rasi rudro vishaanthaka
Thenaa annena aapya swa. 6


Om, my salutations to God,
Who is everywhere,
And to the Rudra
Let not death come near me.
You Rudra who lives in the junction of the soul and senses,
I pray to you who destroy everything, to be within me,
And due to that be satisfied,
With the food that I take as offering.


Om Shanthi ,Shanthi, Shanthi
Let there be peace, Let there be peace, Let there be peace
Ithi Sri Krishna yajur vedeeya taithireeya samhithaayam
Chathurtha Kande panchama prapaataka.

Thus ends the fifth chapter of the fourth canto of Taithireeya
collection of Krishna Yajur Veda.

No comments: